The KGRC gratefully acknowledges funding from the following sources. The homepages of most of the funding agencies can be found on our external links page.
The total volume of research grants awarded to the KGRC (not counting "outgoing" grants awarded to KGRC members):
- Granted in the 5 year period 2005–2009: 2.3 mil. EUR.
- Granted in the 5 year period 2010–2014: 4.9 mil. EUR.
- Granted in 2015: 1.9 mil. EUR.
FWF Austrian Science Fund
- V. Dimonte: P27815 (2015–2018)
- E. Fokina: P23989 (2011–2014)
- S. Friedman: P13983 (2000–2003), P16334 (2003–2007), P16790 (2003–2007), P19375 (2007–2010), P19898 (2007–2011), P20835 (2008–2012), P21968 (2009–2012, joint with M. Goldstern), P22430 (2010–2015), P23316 (2011–2015), P24654 (2012–2016), P25671 (2013–2015), P25748 (2013–2018), P28157 (2015–2020), P28420 (2016–2021)
- J. Kellner: P21651 (2009–2011), P23875 (2012–2016)
- H. Mildenberger: P20229 (2008–2010)
- B. Miller: P28153 (2015–2018)
- M. Müller: P28699 (2016–2019)
- S. Terwijn: P20346 (2008)
Lise Meitner fellowships (all joint with S. Friedman):
- V. Fischer: M1365 (2012–2015)
- E. Fokina: M1188 (2010–2012)
- M. Gavrilovich: M1202 (2010–2012)
- J. Hirschorn: M626 (2002–2003), M749 (2003–2004)
- M. Kesälä: M1073 (2008–2010)
- M. Koerwien: M1410 (2012–2014)
- A. Medini: M1851 (2015–2017)
- K. Thompson: M1076 (2008–2010)
- L. Zdomskyy: M1244 (2011–2013)
- E. Fokina: V206 (2012–2016)
- With Prague (GACR): I1921 (2014–2019), The continuum, forcing and large cardinals and I2374 (2016–2020), Logic and Topology in Banach spaces
- With Novosibirsk (RFBR): I1238 (2013–2016), Definability and computability
- With Kobe (JSPS): I1272 (2013–2017), New developments in set-theoretic forcing
- With Ljubljana (ARRS): I1209 (2013–2017), General topology and set-theoretic methods
Joint Seminar program:
- With St. Petersburg (RFBR): A310-N18, Finitary and infinitary logic
- With Novosibirsk (RFBR): AJS328-N18, Computability and definability
- With Kobe (JSPS): AJS336-N13, Forcing in set theory
EU Marie Curie
The European Union funded two projects (Reintegration Grants) implemented at the KGRC:
- J. Kellner FP7 PERG02-GA-2207-224747 (2008–2011). This project received additional funding by the Austrian Ministry of Research (FP7 Zusatzfinanzierung).
- A. Törnquist FP7 PIRG-GA-2009-249167 (2009–2012)
In addition, two KGRC members received outgoing Intra-European-Fellowships (to the Hebrew U. of Jerusalem, Israel):
- J. Kellner FP6 MEIF-CT-2006-024483 (2006–2008)
- H Mildenberger FP7 PIEF-2008-219292 (2009–2010)
- Exploring the Infinite, an RFP Program of the John Templeton Foundation, funded the visit of P. Welch (2008–2009).
- The Hyperuniverse: Laboratory of the Infinite (John Templeton Foundation Grant Project #35216, 2013–2015, PI S. Friedman)
ESF European Science Foundation
The KGRC participated in the ESF Research Networking Programme New Frontiers of Infinity (2009–2014), funding the following visitors to the KGRC: T. Arrigoni, D. Asperó, V. Dimonte, B. Irrgang, T. Johnstone, A. Karagila (twice), J. Knight, B. Miller, R. Miller, A. Montalban, M. Sabok (twice), H. Sakai, B. Tsaban.
The Erasmus Mundus program EM ECW14 partially funded the visit of L. Wu (2010–2011).
ÖAW Austrian Academy of Sciences
- L. Zdomskyy (2013–2015)
The following KGRC members received DOC fellowships from the ÖAW:
- C. Antos-Kuby (2013–2015)
- J. Kellner (2001–2002)
- W. Wohofsky (2009–2012, this grant was implemented at TU Wien)
OeAD Austrian Agency for International Cooperation in Education and Research
The OeAD has granted an Aktion Österreich-Ungarn project (grant 85öu3, 2012–2013) and seven WTZ grants (Wissenschaftlich-Technische Zusammenarbeit): with Spain, grant 3/2004 (2004–2005); with Poland, grants PL 01/2009 (2009–2010) and PL 01/2011 (2011); and with the Czech Republic, grants CZ 04/2009 (2009–2010), CZ 02/2011 (2011–2012), CZ 10/2013 (2013–2014) and CZ 04/2015 (2015–2016).
Additional funding for conferences
- Kurt Gödel Society (contributions to several conferences and workshops)
- Wiener Tourismusverband (accomodation subsidy for several workshops)
- Faculty of Mathematics of the University of Vienna (contributions to several conferences and workshops)
- Mathematischer Zirkel an der Universität Wien (contribution to the ESI Conference 2009)
- Association for Symbolic Logic (student travel awards to KGRC conferences)