Dr. Yurii Khomskii
Kurt Gödel Research Center
University of Vienna
Währinger Straße 25
1090 Wien, Austria
office: Room 90
I am a postdoctoral researcher at the Kurt Gödel Research Center for Mathematical Logic at the University of Vienna, under leadership of Prof. Sy David Friedman. My research interest are in mathematical logic and set theory, more specifically the structure of the real line, descriptive set theory and forcing.
I obtained my PhD at the University of Amsterdam, under the supervision of Prof. Benedikt Löwe and Prof. Jörg Brendle. You can download a copy of my dissertation here (if you would like to have a physical copy just let me know and I can send one by mail).
My complete CV can be found here.
- A General Setting for the Pointwise Investigation of Determinacy, Proceedings of the Third Indian Conference on Logic
and Applications, (Eds.) R. Ramanujam and Sundar Sarukkai, Springer LNAI 5378, 2009, pp 187--197.
- William of Sherwood, Singular Propositions and the Hexagon of Opposition, Jean-Yves Beziau and Gillman Payette (eds.), New Perspectives
on the Square of Opposition, Peter Lang, Bern, 2010.
- Polarized partitions on the second level of the projective hierarchy, with Jörg Brendle, Annals of Pure and Applied Logic 163, 2012. pp 1345-1357.
- Regularity properties and definability in the real number continuum: Idealized
forcing, polarized partitions, Hausdorff gaps and mad families in the projective
hierarchy, PhD Thesis, University of Amsterdam, 2012. ILLC Dissertation Series DS-2012-
- Mad families constructed from perfect almost disjoint families, with Jörg Brendle, Journal of Symbolic Logic 78 (4), pp. 1164-1180.
- Projective Hausdorff gaps, Archive for Mathematical Logic, 2013 (DOI: 10.1007/s00153-013-0355-6).
- Co-analytic mad families and projective well-orders, with Vera Fischer and Sy Friedman, Archive for Mathematical Logic 52:7-8, 2013. pp 809-822.
- Cichon's diagram and regularity properties, with Vera Fischer and Sy Friedman, submitted.
- Fall 2013
- June 2013
- Fall 2011
- Spring 2011
- Summer 2010
- Fall 2008
- Spring 2008
- Fall 2007
Selected contributed talks
- "William of Sherwood, Singular Propositions and the Hexagon of Opposition", First International Congress on the Square of Opposition in Montreux, Switzerland, 1-3 June, 2007. Slides , Picture
- "Regularity Properties and Determinacy", GLLC 14.5, Amsterdam, 28 September 2007.
- "Regularity Properties and Determinacy", Set Theory meeting in Kobe, Japan, 19-21 March 2008. Slides , Picture
- "A General Setting for the Pointwise Investigation of Determinacy", Third Indian Conference on Logic and Applications in Chennai, India, 9-11 January 2009. Slides , Picture
- "Regularity Properties on the Second Level of the Projective Hierarchy", Seminar on Mathematical Logic, Sofia, Bulgaria, 13 July 2009.
- "Polarized Partition Properties for Δ12 and Σ12 sets", Logic Colloquium 2009, Sofia, Bulgaria, 31 July - 5 August 2009. Slides, Picture
- "Polarized Partition Properties on the Second Level of the Projective Hierarchy", RIMS Workshop "Combinatorial set theory and forcing theory", Kyoto, Japan, 16 - 19 November 2009. Slides, Picture
- "Polarized Partition Properties on the Second Level of the Projective Hierarchy", Third Indian School on Logic and its Applications, Workshop on Set Theory, Hyderabad, India, 18-29 January 2010. Slides, Picture
- "Polarized Partition Properties on the Second Level of the Projective Hierarchy", Amsterdam workshop in set theory, Amsterdam, 1-2 June 2010. Slides, Picture
- "Regularity and Definability", PhDs in Logic III, Brussels, Belgium, 17-18 February. Slides
- "Mad families and the projective hierarchy", ASL 2011 North American Meeting, University of California Berkeley, Berkeley CA, 24-27 March. Slides
- "Regularity and Definability", Mathematical Logic in the Netherlands 2011, Groningen, the Netherlands, 19-20 May 2011.
- "Mad families and the projective hierarchy", ESSLLI 2011
(Workshop "Modern Set Theory: Foundations & Applications"), Ljubljana, Slovenia, 1-12 August 2011. Slides
- "Regularity Properties and Definability", Logic Tea talk, Amsterdam, 7 February 2012.
- "Definable Hausdorff Gaps", Trends in Set Theory, Warsaw, Poland, 7-11 July 2012. Slides.
In the past, I have organized the following academic activites:
Latest update: 03.10.2013