Kurt Gödel Research Center for Mathematical Logic
Währinger Straße 25, office 02.91
ein damqazian sobotawsx@edcgmrfvail tgbyhncomujm
(change gaps to dots)
Applications of infinitary combinatorics to measure theory and Banach space theory.
My PhD advisor at the Institute of Mathematics of Polish Academy of Sciences was Prof. Piotr Koszmider.
- with J. Kąkol, L. Zdomskyy, The Josefson-Nissenzweig theorem for C(K)-spaces, in preparation.
- Grothendieck C(K)-spaces of small density, in preparation.
- with L. Zdomskyy, Convergence of measures in forcing extensions, Israel J. Math (2019), to appear, preprint.
- with L. Zdomskyy, The Nikodym property in the Sacks model, Topol. Appl. 230C (2017), 24-34, DOI, preprint.
- On families of subsets of natural numbers deciding the norm convergence in ℓ1, Proc. Amer. Math. Soc. 146 (2018), no. 4, 1673-1680, DOI, preprint.
- Families of sets related to Rosenthal's lemma, Arch. Math. Logic 58 (2019), no. 1, 53-69, DOI, preprint.
- The Nikodym property and cardinal characteristics of the continuum, Ann. Pure Appl. Logic 170 (2019), no. 1, 1-35, DOI, preprint.
- with G. Plebanek, Countable tightness in the spaces of regular probability measures, Fund. Math. 229:2 (2015), 159-169, DOI, arXiv.
- Fibers of generic maps on surfaces, Topol. Appl. 161 (2014), 163-177, DOI, preprint.
Wacław Marszałek Award, 1st Degree Award of the Director of the Institute of Mathematics of Polish Academy of Sciences for the Distinguished PhD Thesis, 2017.
My PhD thesis Cardinal invariants of the continuum and convergence of measures on compact spaces was awarded summa cum laude honors.
Second Prize in the Józef Marcinkiewicz Contest for the Best Student Paper in Mathematics organized by the Polish Mathematical Society (56th edition, 2012).
Scholarship for the Best PhD students, Institute of Mathematics, Polish Academy of Sciences, 2014-2015.
Polish Minister of Science and Higher Education Scholarship for Outstanding Results in Study, twice: 2009-2010 and 2010-2011.
My Erdös number is 3 through G. Plebanek → A. Blass → P. Erdös.
My brother Daniel Sobota is a philosopher.